Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Monday, May 05, 2008

Gallery Event


I'm participating in a group show at Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem. The show promotes biking as an alternative form of transportation, as well as a way to see nature, get out and exercise, and just enjoy the qualities of biking. The opening is Wednesday, May 7th.

My piece is called "Bird Bike" and can be purchased through the gallery. I bought a bike back in Minneapolis and named her Bella, as she was taking me places of beauty I wouldn't have seen without a bike. One is as close to flying while on a bike I think.

Bella has been hanging, dust and cobweb covered, in the barn for 4 years. I'm going to clean her up and take her out again. Maybe get a basket and deliver eggs on occasion. It would do me good, and I think she deserves to full fill her purpose again - to help me fly.

8 comments:

Joy Logan said...

Cute piece!

Abby Creek Art said...

I love this painting, Katherine! Geez...I wish I could go to this show!

Check my blog when you can...there's a special pic just for you.:)

Red Fish Circle said...

Very nice piece Katherine! I am also crazy about your new donkey doll!

Mare said...

Congrats on the gallery event!

salmonpoetry said...

very beautiful!
unfortunately, salem is a little far for us to bike (especially with kiran on the tagalong bike)
we are however going to spend a week at breitenbush, and if time (and crankiness level) allows we might take a leisurely drive back and stop at the gallery to see it in person.
good luck with getting bella back in shape, i'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Debbie said...

Love the painting!
Debbie

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OOoOooO Katherine... Your piece is GORGEOUS... I know it will be a BIG HIT at the Show!!!

warmly,
Tracie Lyn

PS... I just HAVE TO TELL YOU.. that I am getting so excited about a possible visit in October. Your art really move me! I think I am going to have to purchase a girl farm print and hang it in the same bedroom at my farm girl art quilt.

shepherdgirl said...

Thanks everyone!I especially liked this one too. Bella is still hanging in the barn, but Martyn says he can tune her up for me...

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~