Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, December 14, 2017

The elders sing to Opie



Opie had the best first birthday a goat could have-singing with his elder friends and sharing love and head scratches. His friends also made him a special plate of squash bits. It was so cute. They all had fun too and I just felt so happy. I know it made them happy.

I made photo books for each resident of all the visits Opie made with them this year. I thought it was a fun way for them to show friends and family their little goat friend. And they loved the books, I mean they really were touched.

It does not take a lot to touch people, really. And I think too what I am feeling is the settling in of what my life is meant to be here...it is still emerging but this is all what I've wanted to do with the animals for a long time. I'm so lucky to have landed in this exact spot in this exact state. The fact I found this network of private elder residences...it is so perfect for my evolution here. I will continue to strive to grow and expand Apifera from my heart-and also let the wind point me in directions I need to go.