Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, November 25, 2023

In case you were wondering....

The blog has evolved over the past fifteen years. It has become more of an archive. I post daily on Instagram and Facebook for the farm. People ask which they should read...well, I guess it depends, but it all meshes.

The blog: stories from our beginnings in 2004 but now it is more of an archive-how I can keep track of animals coming and going [as in dying]. I usually post important news here but it all gets posted on social media anyway. I have fewer readers here-they want to be on IG and FB.

Instagram > Daily photos and happenings of the farm and our lives, new art, videos of the animals, and peeks at what is happening on Patreon.

Facebook farm page > Pretty much 100% farm news of the animals. I rarely post art there unless it is for a special reason. Sometimes I write a post without images on the FB farm page, and you might not see it on IG. I'll post ponderings about things - more like the old blog.

Patreon> where my art and stories are blending, including my newest passion-working with felted creatures and room sets to make stories and movies. There are also over 100 posts of stories and such from when I first started the Patreon [I paused it for a few months but am back with zest!]. Patreon is a way for followers to show their support financially, for as little as $2 a month, for my art and story telling- and you can leave anytime. Paying members gets perks throughout the year, including free access to flip books and discounts on product. While I show snippets of the movies on IG, Patreon members see the entire movie.

My main art site: my portfolio and a place to see who I am and what my work is all about.

My online shop: buy books, art, prints and more