Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, March 04, 2015

A new journal full of donkey wisdom!



I had so much fun working on this new product and hope it will be something many of you will welcome.

It is a blank–but illustrated–journal of 124 pages. Each page has room to journal or doodle, make lists or ponder life as you see fit-but each page also has whimsical donkey art or photos, complete with a selected wisdom. I've put some samples below.

The soft but durable cover is full color as are the inside covers. The interior is black/white and some pages are gray toned to emerge you in the mood. And everywhere-donkeys!

And you the new owner of this journal will be asked, on the front page, to take the donkey pledge.

I have a pre-order page set up now. As in past self published projects, when you pre-order it helps me as an indie artist/writer enormously-to pay for the offset printing. As with the books, I am choosing to use traditional off set printing for quality, which means I buy big quantities at once, upfront.

Pre ordering also helps you. It gives you an intro price that you won't be able to get once the journal is printed. If you prefer to send a check, first visit the pre-order site for pricing and then email me. I plant to have the journals ready for shipping sometime in May.

The books and product line I am growing have two goals: to share the beauty and wisdom of the animals and farm through my art,photography and writing, and to help me sustain myself as an artist-the latter I've been doing for 20 years. But now I have many more mouths to feed so i aim to build something that can bring in an income as I grow older.

Thank you to everyone who has bought books and other art along the way. I hope the journal will entice you!



Take the donkey pledge!



Over 70 images of art or photography- here is the inside front cover



Over 70 images of art or photography, with room to journal or doodle






The front cover and back are full color