Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Sunday, October 25, 2015

Announcing: Emerging Crone Workshop [Doll Making and Sharing Wisdom}



Been a long time coming-this workshop idea has been in my head and heart for a couple of years, and now it will happen! As we grow old gracefully–or not–emerging out of youthful skin into our middle age and older forms, we have new wrinkles that are ripe with wisdom and story. As we sit together, gathered in the barn, we will use our hands and inner muses to create wisdom doll-perhaps emulating a favorite elder we know or miss, a crone we wish to be, or a spirit animal that acts as crone. It will be lambing season, so new life will be around us, but so will the retired matriarchs of the flock, and other wandering Misfits.

Read all about it here. If this class fills up I hope to add another.

2 comments:

Lisa Hofmann said...

Well, you've set me off into planning/scheming/dreaming mode! Too early to announce this to the family, they are still recovering from my last adventure BUT ... yes ... working towards this ... planning my warm farm clothes wardrobe ...

Funny, before I read this announcement I had been spending a quiet evening in my living room stitching and thinking about circles where we gather to share stories, share questions and dreams and how the process of sewing helps me to seal in the magic of such encounters (the dreams and the community). So it seemed like a very auspicious thing to then read about this workshop! xo

Katherine Dunn said...

Oh gosh I hope you can come! In fact every one from the last workshop I'd love to see but of course that is expecting a lot-you would add so much to this day, Lisa...

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~