Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, September 24, 2020

Harry's and his bells

 

Yesterday Harry and I went to Cove's Edge to see our elders, and then had made plans to go across the road to visit our friend David at his complex. David's family really love the Harry visits and are grateful for one more way to try to bring cheer during this lock down time. David, as you might recall, is our friend who we first met when he was 101, when he came and met Brdie and all the animals. He came back the next year too and then the virus hit. So we had a birthday part at his window with Harry on his 103rd birthday. I truly feel like he is a friend and even my own grandpa. 

He gifted us-in a surprise these pony bells he had for a long time, purchased on one of his overseas travels of yesteryear, and he loved the bells, always making sure they came with him to each new elder facility/home he went too. So when Harry and I showed up yesterday, I knew seeing his pony bells would make him happy, and it did. 

I feel for the families. I really feel for them. 

I told them I want to do as many visits as we can -even in winter if the trailer can make it. Today Opie and Pickles are going to to see some of our Greenie friends in Wiscasset. 

 I also have a scathingly brilliant idea...but I need to get it set up before I share it. Stay tuned.