Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, November 03, 2007

Proper perspectives on life


When I'm hugging the donkey, this is what I see.

What as age brought me, now nearly 50 years of living? That a day is like a wave. It has a rhythm of its own. You can't control the rhythm, but you can ride it out. When riding out any day, a donkey hug helps. There are really no good and bad days, there are days. There is just life to go along with.

7 comments:

Abby Creek Art said...

Geez even Donkey hooves are cute! Really liked your Halloween piece...made me laugh!

jean benabou said...

A hug from a fur friend makes all the difference in the world! Life would be so empty without them.

Tai said...

I'd give anything for a donkey hug today. Or a horse hug. But even imagining one feels good.

Amy C Evans said...

Mmm, a donkey hug. Hug Pino for me, will ya? xo

SegoLily said...

"...a day is like a wave. It has a rhythm of its own." - Well put!

junemoon said...

You are right. The day can be likened to a wave with its very own ebb and flow. I like that image!

Today, I wish I had a donkey to hug. Maybe what I really wish is to hug a friend donkey who lived with someone else. junemoon

Friederike! said...

Please give Pino a hug from his blue little friend

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~