Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Sunday, July 19, 2009

Miss Prairie Pussytoes has gone


I had hoped she'd return, but it appears Pussytoes is truly gone. She disappeared once about a month ago, along with Bradshaw, but since they came to the farm as adult ferels, they were more prone to roam. But that time they came back after about 3 days.

This time they went missing over 10 days ago now, but Bradshaw came back after a day or so. The reality is she probably is not coming back this time.

Appearing in the hay barn one day back in'05, she was sweet from the start. I wonder if she and Bradshaw were siblings, as he sort of appeared soon after. She had a wonderful fluffy coat. She loved the simple things in life, like sitting in the sun. Martyn always said, "She's a real beauty". While she hung with the barn gang, Pussytoes was one of the few cats who would 'crossover' into the Big House area. She never came to the porch, but would meet up with me near the gardens. I will miss her in the vegetable garden, as she always came to share company while I weeded.

I hope if you died, it was quickly and that your body rests somewhere under bramble to feed the earth. The cats of Apifera are dispersing into other realms. Bittersweet.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. She was indeed a very beautiful cat. It always hurts to loose one of our furry friends.

peace, Kelly

Suzen said...

Maybe it isn't a good idea to keep up hoping, but I have to tell you I had a cat in Vermont that went out just before a HUGE blizzard and she just vanished. I went out calling for her and looking for footprints. Nothing. It was two weeks and she showed up at the back door like nothing happened. She wasn't any the worse for the wear. And this was an old cat at the time. You never know with critters. But I agree the not knowing is the hard part, for sure. 00000 (hugs) Suzen

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry she's missing! Such a sweet, beautiful girl. I will continue hoping that she returns safely.

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks everyone. Yea, the never really knowing their demise is heartbreaking. She was a good one, and is missed.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~