Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crippled old lady speaks



Gertie, one of the three senior pygmies of Apifera, is crippled from neglected feet in her earlier days. I am pleased though that in the past year, due to consistent feet trimming, I really feel her walking is better. In fact, she runs to the barn for dinner.

Gertie is a real talker, and I can't remember exactly what she was chattering about when I took this.

Visit New Moon Farm Goat Sanctuary if you have room for a goat in your life. But remember, they live a long time, and should not be a whimsical purchase. If you want the latter, I suggest a nice new hat, or or apron .

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Sweet Gertie! She is definitely walking better than she was when you adopted her.

farmlady said...

Gertie is so cute. Bless her heart. She found the right place with the right people. I can see the love in her face.
Thank you for all you do.

julie Haymaker thompson said...

thank you for giving Gertie the love she needed.

maccandace said...

She sure looks happy!

Cathy said...

oh my gosh, I actually started crying when I saw Gertie's face...she looks so happy! Thank you so much for your love and time that you give your animals.
Okay, I'm going to go hug my dog now. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~