Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, August 12, 2010

I call it, "Old goat and chicken watching beard"



So, I invested in my new Nikon that I've been wanting, coveting really. As a born and bred Minnesotan, I guess I felt I had to reach some level of accepting myself as good enough photographer to take this next step into camera motherhood. And motherhood it is, for I will be working hard to pay for it, keep the battery well nourished and hope it never gets in a car accident or something catastrophic.

It might seem odd to pay a million dollars for a new camera and then take a picture of...a beard. But you see things in such clarity that even chin hairs become entities of their own. So it's not my best shot - and mind you I have a million more of the same subject, because I also am now the mother of a memory card that holds a billion pictures at once - and my biggest challenge will be...not taking 300 pictures at once of a beard, or a tail, or ears.

But I'm just warning, it might happen.

Stay tuned for the next few days or more of letting me get my ya-ya's out with my new camera. In fact, it might even begin later today.

12 comments:

giftsofthejourney said...

Are you kidding ... it's a great shot! I love the composition, plus it's interesting to look at and I like the second shot as well. I'm going to look forward to seeing what you see through your new camera. Hooray for Nikon! Which one did you buy?

Apifera Farm said...

D90....got a macro lens too

Sharon said...

...bring it on.....!

Cathy said...

You deserve a great camera! I like this new self-indulgent (but still prudent) Katherine.

Apifera Farm said...

Sharon, ok, you asked for it.
C- yes, I'm adding back in some of my self absorbed tendancies of my youth, like consumerism.

Ima Weed said...

Waiting... for.. more...more...more pictures! Give that camera a good work-out.

farmlady said...

A million dollar Nikon? At that price it should take the pictures for you. LOL!
Enjoy all the things you can do with it. You will see things you have never seen before. Have a great time with it.
Here's to goat chin hairs....

farmlady said...

A million dollar Nikon? At that price it should take the pictures for you. LOL!
Enjoy all the things you can do with it. You will see things you have never seen before. Have a great time with it.
Here's to goat chin hairs....

Apifera Farm said...

Ima Weed- you got it.

FArmlady- well, it felt like a million dollars.

coloredsock said...

OMG! i've been wanting that one! someday!! gotta earn it still. hee. have fun with it, Mama. you deserve it. and i love the chicken beard photo.

maccandace said...

Congrats! I have a D80 and love it. It's basically the same as the D90 minus the video capability, which I didn't feel I would use as I want to concentrate on photogging only. Very cool.

purple bird art said...

Congrats on your new Nikon - you won't regret it! Look forward to viewing your photographs of the farm!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~