Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Monday, October 11, 2010

Secret tail



He delights in being nothing, or everything, all at once. With eyes wide open, he appears to be gazing at the autumnal splendor of oak and burnt sienna tones, and as eyes blink closed, perhaps he is savoring the feeling of a dry coat before winter rains.

But in truth, he's internally reciting his 60,000 word memoir, "Tail: why it matters". There is no reason to publish it, or share it with others, it is his, all his.



7 comments:

pRiyA said...

Love this post. What a handsome cat. His expression is full of wisdom and contentment. My last post featured a certain cat's tail too. Just can't get enough of them :)

Cathy said...

Aw, Big Tony, I love you! Wish I could scritch your tummy...

Delisa said...

Love the kitty pictures. He looks like a deep thinker! I have really been enjoying your detailed pictures with your new camera. You have a lovely way of capturing such natural expressions! I also enjoy the interesting angles and lighting. I hope you have a happy and restful evening ahead. Delisa :)

Ima Weed said...

A marvelous being that is for sure. Brings back memories of my 'Natticat' and I miss her.

Olivia said...

Cats do have a way of looking as if they are doing something extremely important and rather casual all at once. You captured it!

Lilli said...

My first visit, and I wish I had the time right now to sit and read and watch... and dream! On the first crossroad, I will! Love what I have seen so far, so I have to follow.
Beautiful boy, beautifully captured! A cuddle from Norway!

Lilli said...

My first visit, and I wish I had the time right now to sit and read and watch... and dream! On the first crossroad, I will! Love what I have seen so far, so I have to follow.
Beautiful boy, beautifully captured! A cuddle from Norway!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~