Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Friday, November 26, 2010

Donkey Friday



With the air thawing, I found the donkeys examining snow mud, and exploring around Gaicomo's grave. A small pool developed around the rock stones, making it a serene, morning destination. The rains have returned, the water buckets are thawed, even Rogue Chicken returned to her roost.

I suggested to Pino we could be out in a group of Black Friday shoppers. I think his expression in the first picture says what his response was. We considered having a Black Donkey Friday, but the only black donkey we had was Giacomo, and we took the hoof vote and all agreed it was not proper. So, we shall just be here, where it is not Black Friday, it's just Donkey Friday.

And I'm not even going to post links to all the stuff you can buy here. That's my Thanksgving gift to all of us. That was Paco's suggestion.





8 comments:

Zap said...

These just may be among your best photos ever..... you can almost hear the donkeys thinkng... just gorgeous...great sentiments too!

Emma said...

Now, Donkey Friday is an idea I can get behind!

helen said...

Best looking donkeys I have ever seen...come to think of it - never have seen any in real life. Thanks!

Cathy said...

I can feel their velvety ears and stiff-bristled backs and smell their sweet earthy scent...lovely photos!! Hope you're having a nice visit with your mom, my dear. xoxo

Jody said...

I. Love. Your. Donkeys. Friday, no Friday. All the time!

Delisa said...

Hi Katherine:
I love the Donkey Friday idea! I so get what you mean. I was just thinking something similar myself today. I was very thankful that Barkley my golden retriever and I were home this afternoon and not out struggling along with the hustle and bustle of the crowd. We knitted happily, chomped on stuffed animals (Barkley not me), while we watched a couple of hours of old Dr. Who reruns. Afterwards I found the last bag of strawberries, we picked at Mrs. Page's farm last spring tucked away in the corner of the freezer. I made a sour creme pound cake and a strawberry sauce to put on top. When the family came home the house smelled like a giant sugar cookie. There was a nice calm feeling to the day which is something precious that I try hard not to take for granted. The frantic edge that is attached to the whole "Black Friday" thing makes me cringe. Now Donkey Friday's would be lovely! Have a nice weekend. Love the pictures! Delisa :)

Amber said...

Beautiful donkeys and beautiful snow! I didn't brave Black Friday this year either, agree with Pino that it's a better idea to stay home~
Hugs
Amber

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks everyone for stopping and taking time to read, and write.
xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~