Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, February 07, 2013

The Puppet's new theater!




I've been meaning to share the Puppet's newest asset - his very own theatrical stage!

A fellow artist who was very involved with making her own wooden marionettes built this stage and has moved on to other projects needing more space in her cramped studio. She wanted it to go to a good home and someone mentioned me and the Puppet! To say I'm thrilled is an understatement.

I've been wanting to build something to help me make sets for the puppets and dolls and tis just came into my life, a gift from the universe. Oddly enough, or not oddly really, within that same time I ckept seeing things about puppets and wood carving, so now I have also dusted off my Uncle's beautiful German carving tools he left me and am just beginning to learn to carve.

I have many ideas. But right now I am focusing on my May show, so it will have to wait a bit. But fear not, you know a lot of something is going to come from this. Stay tuned!