Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Help get this book into the world!



It's official. I have decided to print "Misfits of Love" with a really great off set printer, versus POD [print on demand]. This means a huge chink of change out of pocket to pay for all the books upfront. This is the official fist view of the actual cover design!

But in return, I will get quality, quality, quality. I am very excited about this printer - who I'll divulge after the project is complete - because they work with some of the pickiest art book publishers around.

Please pre-order a book, or donate more if you can. This 120 page book has over 60 art/photographs, many full page bleed [no margins] and will be a wonderful gift or quiet read for animal lovers, farmers, art enthusiasts or people who have lost a loved one. It chronicles the internal conversations I have with various barnyard animals - these conversations helped me grapple not only with the past and present of the animals I had chosen to adopt and help, but it gave me an internal space to work through the loss of my elderly father in hospice. It is not a sad book, it is not a book about animal rescue. It is a book about a group of Misfits who manage to all nurture one woman as she nurtures them.

With off-set printing, the art in this book will get the quality it deserves, and it will be a hard cover with illustrated end-sheets [a must for me although it adds to the price]. It also means I have to raise about $9,000 to get this pup printed. And I intend to to do this.

Please pre-order a book, or donate at a level you can handle. Next week, I will be making a movie with spreads and interviewing some Misfits along the way. I can't tell you much every donation helps. This is a good thing to put out into the world. Thank you to everyone who helped the first stage of this project a couple years ago, and to any of you who can help now. You can also send me a private donation if you prefer. Stay tuned!