Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, December 06, 2013

Moosin' it



Yesterday-like today-was very cold. Moose ate food in the morning which was great, but his temp was very low. I called the vet and he said to bring him inside to warm him up. I made the bone head mistake of not warming his drenches in the morning before giving them to him-and I think that was the culprit.

So, I had a Moose in the house. He warmed up very fast and ate well last night and there is no coughing. I will continue his shots and antibiotics for three more days and then I think I can relax. Tonight it will be even colder so I am going to put The One Eyed Pug's old sweater on him, it should be a perfect fit. It will be bittersweet to see that sweater on him, without a pug in it.

Little Moose is so charming. I'm so glad it appears he is on the mend. But until the warmer air returns, I will not let my guard down.