Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, October 06, 2014

When passions merge



I've said it over and over, I walk the paddocks, barnyard and fields and all around me are paintings, or is the painting just a creature that comes to life while I walk around. I might sound mad, but...that is how it feels, and it is a good feeling to live a life with all my passions-animals-caring-land and art-so entwined.

This piece is now available at the store, as are others. I rub donkey dust on the backs of all my paintings to ensure it arrives in company-if there is a donkey in it, of course, it would be inappropriate to rub donkey dust, on say, a goat portrait.

What passions have you merged into a life? Or, perhaps, what passions do you want to merge?

2 comments:

Lis said...

You have been such an inspiration to me when it comes to living my passions ... especially the ones that I held as a little girl! As I child, I really believed once your were an adult, you just did what you loved! Where did that go? And I ask myself now: why not?!

My background is so eclectic and I am finding myself weaving it all in: having taught yoga for years, I now share what I understand about practice (the challenges, the way to stay with it, the gifts it offers) in an online gathering. Not just yoga practice, but any form of mindfulness, self care or creative practices. In the end, it is about showing up for my life. What do I want to nurture? What do I want to cultivate within myself and my world? It all comes tumbling out ... painting, writing, connection, care.

Thank you for being such an important piece of this journey for me ... I was even inspired by the way you used blogspot to create your Capturing the Essence classroom (I had struggled to learn another system and then realized I know blogger, I know it can be done!)

Oh, a new passion ... I loved horses as a girl and am looking into volunteering at a nearby horse therapy stable as a "walker." If all goes well, I might be able to swing some lessons! xo

Katherine Dunn said...

Good for you to weave all that in and out into so many things, Lis-and I'm sure it is always evolving, just like a yoga current....Great on the class too! k

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~