Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, October 06, 2014

When passions merge



I've said it over and over, I walk the paddocks, barnyard and fields and all around me are paintings, or is the painting just a creature that comes to life while I walk around. I might sound mad, but...that is how it feels, and it is a good feeling to live a life with all my passions-animals-caring-land and art-so entwined.

This piece is now available at the store, as are others. I rub donkey dust on the backs of all my paintings to ensure it arrives in company-if there is a donkey in it, of course, it would be inappropriate to rub donkey dust, on say, a goat portrait.

What passions have you merged into a life? Or, perhaps, what passions do you want to merge?