Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, September 05, 2021

A wonderful Harry visit


I have been so busy, time and days seem to go fast er and faster! We are running around getting ready for winter this Labor Day Weekend. Martyn too Friday off to come on a Harry visit to Cove's Edge and I loved that he did that. It was perfect weather and we spent 2 hours chatting and visiting. I love this picture of sweet Earnie. All the animals love Earnie who was a farmer from an early age, which is how he lost his arm.

I am remiss this week. With taking caare of White Dog adding some extra weight on my shoulders [FYI he is doing well, eating and taking his meds and the scars are healing well with no stitches busting, thank goodness] I've neglected writing here...in my quite place. I call the blog that becasue it is where you can come and not be bombarded with ads, feeds, likes and mch of the time, food fights.

Autumn is here [for me anyway] and I always like to take time to reflect on where I'm headed, or want to head-in art and the farm. I always get rejeuvenated creatively in fall and I have lots of ideas. The Walter book should be shipping in 9/20 range and I am mulling doing some weekend art/book gigs in The Lovey Hut this October-depending on the pandemic. 

Anyway, I hope your Labor Day is full of good things.