Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Monday, February 11, 2008

That motherly glance




With two weeks until due day, the ewes tolerate my 'udder checks', but this morning Coral Bell looked at me as if to say, "You just checked my udder yesterday."

The weather is drying out, and warming to 50's this week. I'm hoping for 2 weeks of dry sun and I have all lambing stalls ready. The grassy orchard area is all lamb proof for the new arrivals. Ah, spring. Newness. Starting over with deeper roots.

4 comments:

coloredsock said...

at the airport, no obligations and just enjoying taking some time to visit friends' sites and blogs. i am so excited about your little babies coming! i feel like one of my best friends is having triplets or quadruplets, or... hehe. i'll be staying tuned. hope you are well and feeling inspired by the spring in your air. i'm soooo excited to be in warmth and green and surrounded by ocean blue. take care you, xojenny

mansuetude said...

i found you through that wonderful Bibbi... this photo just opened and I am so laughing...you are blessed to know this pregnant lass!

salmonpoetry said...

it's amazing how the animals know, spring is on the way!
kiran and i are looking forward to some pictures of the lambs when they come.give our best to the girls until then!
(and a little pet to pino too of course)

Yolanda said...

I saw some daffodils coming up in the park at Newberg this weekend. I love the warmer temps now if we can just get the sun to cooperate.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~