Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, August 28, 2008

Letters to Pino

We recieved this fenerous letter from someone and wanted to share it...

Dear Pino and Katherine:

Hello! My name is Delisa, I am 45 years old and I live in the small town of Ellabell in south east Georgia. I came across your delightful story in Somerset Life magazine. It is so beautiful and inspiring! I loved all the pictures and your website too.

My husband came home this evening after an especially difficult day at work and I read him your story. He laid back and listened with his eyes closed, his breathing relaxed and soon the tired lines around his mouth softened and gave way to a calm sweet smile.

I suffer from some health conditions that have left me with chronic pain. Some days I am able to get around better than others. Some days, I am able to walk, other days I must use a cane or wheelchair. I have a golden retriever named Barkley who is my dearest animal friend. We spend the days together and he is always there with his playful spirit, unconditional love and reassurance. Like you Pino, he has a happy and calming effect on everyone he meets!

Thank you for your endearing story. My husband and I felt so uplifted. It is hard to explain exactly, but it really touched us and made me feel more in tune with what I love and enjoy than I have in awhile. I will think of cherry pies and daisy painted hooves in the days to come with sparkly eyes and a smile. My heart will gently jump and I will find myself humming for no particular reason. I hope you two will have a wonderful week ahead.

With Love,

Delisa