Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, January 09, 2009

Love sometimes exists in a pillow


I'm slowly adding items that would make sweet little Valentines gifts over on the store blog.

One can never send enough love out, even if it's in a pillow, or sachet. Don't forget that lavender is known to keep moths away - oddly I had forgotten this fact in my own drawers, and had moths!!! I had not bothered to put any new sachets in my sweater drawer and had holes in items. And I live on a lavender farm! I'm not sure if lavender will kill exisiting moths, so look at sweaters to make sure you don't see any white-web like thingies before putting sachets in the drawer.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Katherine, that's just lovely! You're getting so good at needle felting.

My Apifera lavender kitty lives in a drawer with my hand-knit shawls. In addition to keeping moths away, she gives them a subtle scent.

Claire said...

Oh how sweet! I love it! I think Guinnias might need a pillow for his head, don't you?!

farmlady said...

How sweet this pillow is...., and what do you suppose awaits me, from Guinnias, at the post office? A sweet parcel of lavender? Must go into town tomarrow and find out.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~