Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Thursday, April 02, 2009

I'd like to thank the universe







You know how even really famous actors say that it's an honor just to be nominated for an award, but it's even better to win one? Well, I found out today that this image got into Communication Arts 50/ Illustration Annual . I did my best Sally Field impersonation upun opening the winning email - "They like me! They really like me!"

It made my day, scratch that, it made my week.

It's very steep competition to get into it, and I look at it as a little nudge from the universal bosses that things are really just fine.

The issue comes out in July, 2009.

I'm running late - I have to get out to the barnyard for a round table discussion called to order by Paco. We will be debating if it was okay for Michelle Obama to touch the Queen.

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Mazel tov, sweetie! The recognition is well-deserved.

farmlady said...

Well congratulations and when you're at the round table you might want to discuss the other question..., "Can the queen touch you?"

pRiyA said...

CongratS!!! :-) That's indeed wonderful.

Zan Asha said...

You definitely deserve it Catherine!!

And yes, tell Paco it's ok to touch the Queen. Geez, people need to stop being so stuffy! :)

I also wanted to mention that I am trying to send you a package. Some time ago, there seemed to be directions as to how to send graham crackers but, alas, I can't seem to find said Graham Cracker Address at the moment :)

Jenn said...

Hi, I have been following your blog for about a month now - but, I don't think I have written until now. Anyway, Congratulations. That is serious business! Something to frame for sure.

Your blog is a delight to read. I even made an attempt to start at the beginning.

It sounds like a wonderful life. Enjoy and best wishes.

Jennifer
Colorado

TheMartianChick said...

Congratulations! It is always nice to get affirmation of your work from others!

Penelope Dullaghan said...

Congratulations! I love the piece and am so excited to see it get some good attention. You are amazing!

giftsofthejourney said...

Well done! Congratulations..

Shanster said...

Way to go! Congrats!

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks so much everyone. It felt good. As you can see from the April 3rd post above, we came to a conclusion about the whole royal touch issue.

coloredsock said...

hell yeah, girlfriend! this piece rocks. and so do you. so psyched for you! weeeeeee. doin a little jiggle dance on my birthing ball for ya. hee.

Nate Williams said...

congradulations .. that piece is fantastic!!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations! - and the piece is so deserving - loving and so tender.

Red Fish Circle said...

Congratulations Katherine, beautiful piece - well deserved recognition! - and that group hug shout out to QE is spot on!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~