Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You

I am overwhelmed by the many emails and comments I've been receiving from so many people about the new Apifera Farm site. I wish I could post all of them, some just made me so...humbled. There seems to be a recurring theme in comments of "Your art or writing makes me cry." I don't take this as an insult. To be honest, I can cry when I look or read at some of my work. I like to think I balance out the intensity with humor - through my many muses, and my own inner muse that can be a rascal.

I live like the hairs on my arms - when I sense anything, something innate in me stands at attention. I guess it's nice to be able to stimulate other's through words, or art. Anyway, thank you to my readers, followers and friends, some who remain cloaked, but that's okay.

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say." Ralph Waldo Emerson