Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, February 01, 2010

Bridge to paradise


The hens have been let into the vegetable area, through the 'Chickens only" entrance, to help clean the protein of hard working worms and bugs. The gate is strategically located so as not to allow in any small statured, black furred, half horned creatures- okay,I'm talking about Frankie.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I bet Stella and Iris could get in there in a second. ;-}

Apifera Farm said...

Ah, mais oui! That is why Stella and Iris are living in the super fortified Stella and Iris pasture...

breezehillfarm said...

This is my first trip to your blog..needless to say, I am now a follower. Thank you for making my afternoon an enjoyable one! - MaLinda

farmlady said...

"Chickens only" entrance. I love it. Do you think that the ladies appreciate your efforts?

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks, and welcome MaLinda- your blog is great too!
Farmlady- absolutely...they greet me at it if I'm coming from barn and they are in the veg. garden

Jenn said...

Your chickens are so pretty. They make great photos!
- J

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~