Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, April 15, 2010

No double latte required



I need not order a $10 coffee drink to get my engine humming in the morning. I only need step out the door, and see the whir of life at my feet. The chicken door is opened, and no one questions why I am wearing the same outfit as yesterday, and the day before. The barn is 200 feet away and is holding its pre-breakfast roll call. I have such distinct purpose here, creatures count on me. But I count on them, to be there, to turn the key of my imagination.

3 comments:

lars said...

I couldn't have expressed those sentiments any more clearly or precisely. It's such a pleasure to know there are kindred spirits we have never met. I especially like the part about the same clothes.

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks, I guess we all have our preferred morning routines.

absurdoldbird said...

Mmmm... I know just what you mean. Love the wildlife around us and the way they and we relate to each other. And the 'dressing' thing too - when we lived in London, England, I was always concerned about what I wore in case I stuck out like a sore thumb, now I'm living in a rural area, that is far from my mind. I just wear what I want or need.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~