Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Friday, July 30, 2010

Love song to a puppet

video

I was experimenting with some still shots of Pino the puppet, and when I put it into a slide show, this is the generic song that was embedded. It was so appropriate, is so appropriate to me and this puppet. I know, I know, he's just a puppet, but we are in a relationship, a friendship, him and I. I can say he believes in me because in fact, he is me, and I am him. And we are all together, cooo coo coo choo.

I am going to continue to create what I feel propelled to create - with or without the blessings of the current commercial markets.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

pino is good in all mediums....

Thistledog said...

That's just wonderful. I'm glad you share him with us, he really brings a smile to my face.

And the music was spot on!

Emma said...

I like Pino the Puppet and I like your videos. I'm glad you create what you do!

What you wrote reminds me of this quote:

Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow - whether there is a market for it or not! The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that
happens afterward. I would tell all of you watching this screen: Before you go to bed, write a four line poem. Make it as good as you can. Don't show it to anybody. Put it where nobody will find it. And you will discover that you have your reward.
-Kurt Vonnegut

Deb said...

Charming! Love it! And you absolutely should continue to create what you feel propelled to create.

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks, all. He is a loving little muse for sure. I'm lucky to know him so intimately.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~