Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Song for an old man


Each day that he greets me at the front gate is a gift. His crippled joints are catching up to him, but he gets up everyday and follows me to the hay barn where he spends as long as he needs to eat his breakfast in peace, unencumbered from other goats or boisterous lambs. He teeters and totters and there might soon come a day when I must help him to comfort. So today I sang him this song.

2 comments:

indie grrrl said...

What a beautiful soul you have for another soulful creature! Peace and Love to you both!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Awwwww what a sweetheart! Both of you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~