Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Conversing with a goat



"Where are your words?" Stella asked me.

"I seem to be saving them." I replied.

"For what? Today is a day, tomorrow might not come, let's tell the stories now," the goat said.

"I am resting my word area. I need to refill my well. My wings are slightly bent. My paint spots are arranged on the wall and I don't feel compelled to rearrange them just yet," I said.

"We are aging," Stella said. "My escape routines feel heavy. The fence taunts me less and less, all I want seems to be on this side of the wood posts."

"I guess we are more content to sit still and gestate," I said.

"Like old hens on our eggs," Stella responded.

Her ears caught the wind and she sauntered off to nap.

4 comments:

Lisa Kaser said...

Great piece. So enjoy your writing, Katherine.

Apifera Farm said...

I think you and I often mingle words in similar fashion....

indie grrrl said...

I think Stella & YOU are very wise girlies!. LOVE your blog and your photo's and your convo's with your lovely farm family.

turquoise cro said...

LOL Thanks for sharing that sweet conversation! Now it's time to go back out and cut back some more pine! It's taken over the entry to my front porch! I'm going to try and leave the overtop though soOOOo it will be like a cool canopy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~