Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, September 07, 2011

My Old Man



I had a day full of wierd emails, where I felt like I was the only working artist/writer in the world being rejected by...everyone. I suppose that's not logisticaly possible, but that's what it felt like.

So I went to the barnyard, and there he was, still limping along. I sang him the chorus to that old rock song,

"We are the champions, my friend, and we'll keep on fighting 'till the end..."

9 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Sending you BIG hugs!!! Hang in there

Annie Pazoo said...

Aw, hang in there. And keep on fighting:)

Brenda said...

You are amazing. Please be gentle with yourself.

Carole said...

You are not alone. I'm sure your Old Man appreciated being sung to by such a talented artist/writer!

Patty said...

Your fellow creatures know you're the best as you are and so are they.

Kathy said...

Katherine, you are so awesome! I'm truly sorry that it is tough to remember at times. There is a reason our paths wind as they do. Thinking of you...

denise f said...

I love your art and your penchant for the elderly animals (esp. the goats!)

Apifera Farm said...

Thank you everyone, for taking the time to visit and write me.

Else M Tennessen said...

You are awesome. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~