Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, March 05, 2012

And Audrey waits...



"Audrey is as big as a boat," the Dirt Farmer announced as he walked in from the barn.

I try not to use this phrase around any of the pregnant ewes, but it is statement I can get behind when it comes to Audrey. I feel for her. She also has a swollen ankle and I gave her a pain med but she still can't put weight on it. Someone suggested Epsom salts so I'll try that I guess.

Rosalita went into early labor this morning, so it might be a long night. I asked all the ladies to only have day births, but no one ever listens to me around here.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Poor Audrey! I hope all goes well for your pregnant ewes.

Cynthia Valero said...

Sending all my best to the ladies and their coming babes! Congratulations on the beautiful chocolate girls! May this spring know only peace and happiness, like your paintings.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~