Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Wednesday, October 24, 2012

98 human years



The Old One Eyed Pug has turned 98. That would be 14 in his years.

He continues to truck on, one eye ball reaching out for any light it can gather. He is quite blind now and his hind end is weakening. He suffers from confusion more and more, but I still see that he enjoys life so his journey is still not over, it's just a bit slower.

He still loves to steal tomatoes from the garden - although I have to go find him since he often gets a bit lost coming back to the house. He was one pound when I brought him home as a pup, lived with me and Louie Louie for all those years in Minneapolis, watched [he had two eyes then] me struggle through tough personal times and was always on my lap by nightfall, snuggled down to watch some television together. He is still on my lap every time I sit by the fire or watch a movie - he just needs a little help getting there.



10 comments:

Barbara * Tante B said...

congratulations to him! He seems to be such a sweet pup. I wondered, how did he loose his eye? What happened there?

Apifera Farm said...

he had a misunderstanding with the chocolate lab when the lab was a pup but no grudges were held

Barbara * Tante B said...

oh my..but good for both that they stayed friends!!

Cathy said...

Happy birthday, sweet Billy boy! I hope you live forever.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Sweet Billy... a TRUE FRIEND! Love that little Pug!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

What Remains Now said...

What a faithful friend. I hope treats are being dispensed to celebrate. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Pugs are so special. Mine is 10, totally deaf, but still smart, sweet and his own boss. Yours is lucky he has you!

Anonymous said...

Mine made it to 13, blind and deaf but enjoying meatballs! And lots of pats. Thanks fr sharing your handsome elderly gentleman's pix.

Carole said...

That's one spunky old guy you've got there, Katherine!

Anonymous said...

My dear Snowflake made it to 14, sort of confused and slow but enjoyed a delicious home made dinner the last night he was with me. He too saw me through many life lessons and was my white furry soulmate. He saved my life and helped me grow up. Blessings to all the animals that are willing to share our lives. elizabeth

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~