Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Misfits selected into the Society of Illustrator show and book!



I just got a phone call–and how nice to be individually called by phone–letting me know that art from "Misfits of Love" Healing Conversations in the Barnyard was selected to be in the annual exhibit and award annual in the Book category of the Society of Illustrators. I haven't entered award shows in years but am thrilled I decided too.

I am so proud of my Misfits–these are just 5 of 65 art images in my new book, but I'm glad they were selected. I will post details of the NYC show and book when I know more.

6 comments:

EdenClare ArtfulFairyTales said...

Those misfits...are just too darling not to be somewhere wonderful!!!! This is so awesome!
Happy, Happy, Thoughts...xxx

Suzanna said...

Congratulations! What jolly good news!

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

fantastic news! congratulations!

turquoise cro said...

WOW!!! what GREAT NEWS Katherine!!! Congrats!!! Exciting for YOU and me too cause I am getting a signed copy of Misfits!!!

turquoise cro said...

Just wanted YOU to know I got my" Misfits of Love" this afternoon!!! sigh I don't have time to read it yet but I LOVED the wrapping, embellishments and can't wait til' I have time to take the time to relish this sweet book! Going out sooOOo won't have time to enjoy today but soOOOOOooO GLAD I got it today!!! The illustrations are winners!!!Thank YOU sweet woman! Very EXCITED in WV! hehe xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

awesome recognition for your hard work. congratulations. Rachel in Santa Rosa, CA

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~