Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Friday, November 22, 2013

Smile of the acrobat



I'll send you off on your weekend with the smile of goat, a Misfit–none other than Wilbur the Acrobatic Goat who we adopted from New Moon Goat Farm Rescue some years ago. HE came here as a youngster and is about six I think. I just swoon for any creature with brown or red coats. And how can one not admire this face, the pencil thin goatee and the impish expression.

I can say that if i had a dime for every time I raised my voice in my best authoritative mother tone and yelled out a name, it would be,

"WILBUR!!!!!!!"

He is a monkey, a madmen, a leaper, a dancer, a bouncer. I tell him he'll be old someday, and then he'll understand what it is like being around a goat in a monkey suit.

He is of course part of the new book.

4 comments:

pencilfox said...

WILBUR!!

[so very impishly handsome, he is….]

Hazel Terry said...

:-D I haven't visited for a while but Wilbur the smiling goat has reminded me that I need to visit more. I hope you are having a great weekend.
love and best wishes
Hazel

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

such an endearing smile; but don't all "characters" have such expression?

Katherine Dunn said...

Yes, he is a handsome dude. HAzel- so fun to have you back, now I'm reminded to go to your place as I haven't had time! Barbara, I do find that each creature here has a unique expression, although, yes, all characters have 'a look' for sure.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~