Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chicken breeze



There is a breeze today which makes the shade almost tolerable for some of us. I tried to capture the beautiful motions of hair, tails and goat beards in the breeze–but was pretty unsuccessful. Some things are better being experienced in the real.

But I did capture this shot of Florence, our last remaining Buff Orpington. The breeze through her dabbled feathers makes even me feel a bit cooler on this hot day.

3 comments:

Elizabeth mcentee said...

Florence is so pretty, does she have any other chicken friends?

Tisha said...

Aww, so pretty. I'm glad she's keeping cool. It was hot here today too. I think it was about 104 here in Sacramento. Yikes!

Katherine Dunn said...

She is one of many....

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~