Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, November 04, 2016

Let us all act like BIG ETTA today! Roar!

Yesterday at 3 pm, the Kickstarter campaign ended, and I came up $2,000 short. Heartbreak. I got lots of supportive comments, but at the time, I felt it was just the way it was going to go down.

But I woke today after bad sleep with my blood on fire! It is as if Big Etta came inside me and said,

"Get up! Don't QUIT! get on with it."

There is no room for ittiness today. I have setup a page on my blog so you can pre-order/pledge to the book. I have talked to some backers who did not get to the Kick page in time, and with some quick stepping, I can make this work. I was only $2000 shy, I can do this Big Etta way.

I have asked all Kickstarter patrons to resubmit their pledge on the blog page. Once I hit that amount that will cover printing, I will alert everyone. The same page will continue to take pre-orders. Just like the funding campaign, I have to hit that magic number before i can send the book to the off set printer so  I can pay for the printing and pay for shipping, about $8500. I have worked out arrangements with the animator [the original Kick campaign sought $12,000 to cover marketing, animation and fees, as well as printing, rewards and shipping].

PLEASE support the book. The people that pledged to the Kick campaign are already responding in Big Etta ways.

I AM NOT LETTING THIS BOOK FADE.

The goal is to get the money collected in a week, then get in the printer schedule and gets files checked so a book can be delivered in early 2017. Once i have a printer contract, I will be able to give a firm deliver date to you.