Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, September 14, 2017

Opie has no motives nor do I

The smile on Jean's face is why I am doing the work I am doing. It's pretty simple.

The look on Opie's face as he looks at her is why I bring animal and elder together.

Today Opie and I visited our friends again in Wiscasset Green, an old house that was turned into a private elder home for about eight residents. Each visit, I get to know them more, and them me. I know this little creature well, and I know he is a natural at this. He often places his head on their knees and stares into their faces, or places his head between their legs to take refuge...or perhaps to just show them he's there.

They just like knowing he comes to visit them. We are all better for Opie, and for each other.

{If you like the work we do at Apifera-helping elder/special needs animals and bringing them together with elder/special needs people, please consider a tax deductible contribution.}