So the push in the coming couple of months is tor add to our nest egg to cover the annual costs coming up:
- Hay...oh, hay. Last year we did $3,000 worth which got us through a very long winter. I am aiming for that this year, to be safe.
- Next week's vet call will be about $500 to cover annual shots/checks for equines and to castrate/disbud little Ollie
- Who is little Ollie?! I will introduce him next.
- Next week is also a small event for Opie, Pino and Birdie, called Opie Day. We have invited some elders from he Greens elder residences to meet us at Inn Along the Way, so they can sit in the old barn and the animals can run and romp. We do not charge for these elder visits, and don't plan to. We do not take a salary or get reimbursed for travel or time.
- In the fall, we do annual rabies shots for ALL animals, this has to be done by a vet. Rabies is a real concern in Maine and after talking to the state vet on arrival, we felt it best to vaccinate everyone, even the pigs.
So please donate if you can. Any amount is helpful.