Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, February 25, 2019

The new book continues to come to light


I am making great head way in the new book about White Dog, a memoir told through his eyes. The initial 100 pages is the memoir and is illustrated. It then merges into White Dog's world and is 200 pages of beautiful photographs.

One of the beauties of self publishing is no place on earth would be interested in a part art-part photo- part realistic-part magical book told by a dog. The relief of not caring about that [and I did care about not getting an agent in my early writing career, I am the first to admit it] is in and of itself...a relief.

The book will be about 9" we think. I'm working with a designer I've known for years and this is good as type is not my strong suit [ignore the type in this mockup I just picked one for presentation purposes].

I feel good about the book. It will be beefy, a thing to sit with on rainy days and hopefully be swept into the beautiful world of White Dog. A fundraiser will be held sometime this year if all goes according to plan.