Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, February 16, 2019

Valentine party, goat on the side

It was so nice to get out and see our friends on Friday for a little Valentine-goat party...you've been to one of those, right?

We also brought our first wrist warmers from The Old Kitty Knitty Club. One of my friends had double knee surgery and had lots of time to knit so I decided we would give these out now instead of waiting until fall. I made a couple too. The ladies liked them a lot. Opie gave out vintage valentines from the '40's and I read them to the residents. The care manager made some cookies.

It was a nice quiet little visit. One of the residents was not there, and I hope he is okay. He is one of our very dear friends and we missed his lively conversation. I am always cautious of asking too many questions due to the privacy laws. I kind of stumble around them hoping I'm doing everything properly.

After two years, some of the more talkative residents now tell me they love me, and Opie, when we leave...and they always wonder when we will be back. I think that is the most important thing for them really-to know they can count on us coming back. And we will.