Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sneak peeks...




Just some of the many sites if you can make it to our Pino Pie Day this Saturday. The garden is looking quite wonderful, if I may say so. The lavender field is lovely, and the purple haze is there in one third of the 3 acres. The third full season is the charm in this draught tolerant perennial bed. The weather appears to cooperating. I might not eat pie for a while after this Saturday, and I might be as big as Boone, but hey, you only live within earthly delights once.



I've been working so hard pulling it all together. I just hope I have one or two moments where I can sit down with a piece of pie, look in Pino's eyes, and remember why we are doing this. I have to run, Pino's toes need daisies on them, and I have to buy the pounds of butter for pie - local of course.

6 comments:

coloredsock said...

i SO wish i could be there!!! i'll be thinkin' about you. xo,j

Cathy said...

Just remember that you can order your minions hither and yon while you and Pino put your feet up and enjoy the day!

Sunflower said...

you are the funniest person, katherine. i wish i had your sense of humor!! i also wish we lived closer to you because we would love to see your beautiful farm and all your animals and lavender and they funny, happy spirit that must resides there. your new dolls are just a riot, so humorous, with such extravagant, unique personalities!! thanks for always making me smile!!
debbie

herzensart journal said...

looks everything amazing. How sad that we are so far away from your little paradise. You will have a great time and I´m sure will find the time to have some pie :) Enjoy!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OH KATHERINE!!!! Everything looks DIVINE! How I wish Kansas was a bit closer to Oregon. I would make a day of it and come visit Pino Pie Days.

I am still looking forward to our meeting in October. I dream of seeing your lavender fields and your art!

warmest wishes,
Tracie Lyn

PS... GOOD LUCK this weekend entertaining your visitors.

Mare said...

Everything looks lovely! I wish i could have been there. Please update us on how the celebration went!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~