Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Upcoming worlds



She loved the morning best. She felt free in her night gown, standing still
in her garden, just a part of the world she had created.

A very rough idea for upcoming 'sets' I want to create to go with my felted animals.
I am going to paint the sets, and maybe add some items. But this is just a very quick and crude form. Maybe she is standing on moss, with leaves nearby. I want the background set to be able to be folded and shipped so a person can easily set it up on a table.

There are not enough hours in the day for my mind's activities.

4 comments:

Sunflower said...

Katherine,
Your art constantly amazes me! You are so talented! I am sure that your beautiful surroundings of lovely lavender and sweet animals must truely inspire you. I love your little doll; it is simply adorable and your set idea is fantastic!!! Thank you for making me smile!
Debbie

shepherdgirl said...

Thank you Debbie - I knew you'd like it. I want to make it more theatrical though, and have moss and real itmes like you have done in some things. It'll evolve. Everyone, Debbie does amazing little fairy houses!

Amy C Evans said...

what a wonderful project, katherine! i can hear you talking to the animals on the sets right now.... ;) xo

Sunflower said...

Katherine,
I'm sure your sets will be fantastic! I especially love the idea of folding up the background so the person who buys the doll can use the background, too! You have such great ideas!! I still am amazed at how much you get done. You have so much on your blog. How do you find the time and energy to do so many things? My problem is I get too down to do all the things I want to do! I wish we had a little farm, too. I know that would make me happy. Nature and animals have such a way of healing people. Thanks for mentioning my fairy houses!!/I wanted to tell you about an artist you might like; her name is Veronique LaFont. She is on Artmajeur, too. She paints and makes little dolls and animals, too!

God Bless,
Debbie

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~