Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, June 04, 2009

After the show


The opening went just fine, and I was really happy with the way Mary Lou hung the show. We had the idea awhile ago to hang it like floating pieces, and she did a great job with it, as usual. With the front door open, the light breeze caused the pieces to move like leaves...just like we had wanted.

It was hot out, and there was a street fair going on at the same time, complete with "Cutest dog contest", so there were plenty of dogs roaming around. So I met plenty of dressed up pugs...

The best part of the night- the cold beer at Pete's Bar across the street after the show. The second best part- walking out to the barn in the dark to find a flock of bright sheep eyes staring at me, and one familiar bleat of Daisy.

The show goes on through June 27th.

9 comments:

NanaBeast said...

I love, and I do mean LOVE, the way you write. Cold beer and it is all over. Whew, what a relief. And so good to know everything was hung just the way you envisioned it. Now, to have your art SELL!!!

Blessings and cat, donkey, sheep, chicken, and dog love to you and your yours.

Claire said...

The show looks wonderful, as do you! Wish I lived in visiting distance - it would be a joy to see it. Congrats on a great opening night!

Zan Asha said...

Congrats on a wonderful opening. Floating art sounds wonderful...as do dress up pups and cold beer :)

Pat said...

I hope success "dogs" your footsteps!

Amy C Evans said...

OMG, this is the cutest picture of you!!! But man, how I would have loved to have been there, for the art, the dogs and those cold beers. Congrats on what I know is a killer show. XO

coloredsock said...

way to go, girl! sounds so fun and your work looks great. such a wide variety. i like she is horse and essence of hay and field and moment on farm. congrats! ah i wush i coulda joined you for a cold beer in the barn with daisy.

Sunflower said...

Katherine,

That's so amazing! I put up many of my paintings on paper the same way, in our gallery. I put up wire, attached to the wall on each side and I had found some wonderful little hooks or latches and the paintings are held onto the wire with them. It looks similar to what you did. I like it, too. I didn't want to just put them right on the wall. We were both thinking of the same thing! That's great! Hope your show goes wonderfully!
Debbie

turquoise cro said...

Everything Looks SWEET! Glad YOU had fun at your opening! Wish I could walk in and SURPRISE YOU!!! teehee We would share some cold beer for sure! Good Luck! Katherine!

DellaRae said...

I love your blog. I am presenting the "One Lovely Blog" award to you. Please visit my blog to get your badge and read the rules for accepting this award.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~