Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Thursday, June 25, 2009

Favored child moves on


I was pleased, in a bittersweet way, that this painting sold yesterday. It is off to California to take on a life of it's own, as it should. Where it will travel over the next 100+ years, well, I'll never know. But like a child birthed and reared, I did my best with it and now it gets it's own life.

I don't really have a problem selling originals. I know some artists have a hard time with that. Once it's out of me I'm pretty much done with it. But sometimes you do a piece and really like it. And you want the income, but you secretly hope it stays around awhile longer. I almost didn't put this one in the recent show, but opted to. And I guess it was meant that I do that.

I am working on a a new piece about a blue egg...I have some paintings in me ready to come out now that Pie Day is behind me.

7 comments:

Zan Asha said...

It is truly a beautiful piece! I am sure it will have a long and interesting life in CA :)

Mare said...

Congratulations! It's just beautiful, and someone will love it very much...

Paula said...

I, for one, have always found a good piece of pie inspiring !!!!!

I like the painting.

BTW, do you happen to grow raspberries????

Carla Sonheim said...

It's indeed a very special piece. Beautiful.

Angela Meijer said...

I wish you happy painting. I love this painting. It will bring lots of life with it wherever it goes.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

This painting is beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing
the blue egg.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

coloredsock said...

dang, woman. i can hardly keep up with you. just went thru your last 13 posts! the pie day looked like SO much fun. the kid spirit really lit up the day! wish we could have come. and congrats on this sale! that's one lucky human! happy all is well. xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~