Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, June 12, 2009

When crackers make you smile


So this is what I'm faced with on a daily basis. Smiling donkeys.

Although Pino [on the left] looks grumpy, he really isn't. Pino is never grumpy, but he is always thinking and digesting things. Paco [on the right] is always grumpy, but here he and little Lucia look like sweethearts.

What's causing all the smiling? I'd like to say it's my mere presence. But I was giving them a treat of animal crackers sent by an admirer.

12 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Such sweet faces!! They would make ME smile...as would crackers :)

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

How sweet! Love their darling smiles:)

Cathy said...

Cutest pics ever! I love that trio so much.

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Now this made me smile ! Too darn cute !!!!

Dapper-T said...

Thank you for this! I love your blog..your postings bring some extra sunshine into my day.

Emma Meijer said...

Dear Kathryn,
I am going to send animal crackers to your donkeys. I hope they will be happy because they look happy on the computer. I'm going to make a big stretchy apron for your donkeys because all of them can fit in it.
Love Emma and I am five.

coloredsock said...

i am totally smitten by these 3!!

maccandace said...

Geez, they're darling! How can you pull yourself away from them?

Tracy M. said...

Oh I love Donkeys! I wish I could have some. No where to keep them though. sigh. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Tracy M.

Apifera Farm said...

Hi everyone. Leave it to donkey pics to get everyone writing. I wish you could all see how they quiver and 'feel' 'speak' with their lips. Kind of like an elephant trunk. Yes, it's hard to walk away from them, but they are in eyesight most of the day...lucky me!

Red Fish Circle said...

These photos made my day.... donkey smiles, how could a city gal like myself have ever known. I can see why you are in love with your donkeys and I think I have fallen in love too.

Paula said...

Oh my, these photos really made my day. Love them!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~