Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Saturday, October 31, 2009

For his little witch


Enter the Dirt Farmer, stage left.

"I made you a little something for you..." he said sincerely.

I turned to find him standing with a broom he had just created while working in the barn. He made it from a piece of bamboo, and old de-budded lavender stalks.

Some women might be offended if their husband presented them with a broom as a gift, especially on Halloween. But I was delighted to have such a finely crafted vehicle to ride about tonight. I shall use it to fly up to the upper 10, and look down upon the old barn and fields from a new perspective.

9 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

What a sweet gift! Kudos on having such a nice guy!

Jo said...

Wonderful! I would be delighted to receive such a gift! Happy Halloween!

Teresa said...

Sweet Sweet!
I'd rather have a hand made broom than a box of chocolates anyday! Hope all is well on the farm Katherine! Loving life here on Bainbridge! I still want to have Doogan's portrait painted!
We lost one of our Corgis last week...pop over to Blooming on Bainbridge to read my sad news. The post is entitled "Dog Heaven." Happy Day at Apifera Farm!
Teresa
XXOOXX

Sharon said...

I think your broom is a wonderful halloween treat! And so very thoughtful. One time my farmer gave me workboots for some occasion and I thought it was great... the "dirt farmer" is a keeper...

Zan Asha said...

The broom is just beautiful! I wonder, does it still have a lavender smell? If so, should you decide to use it, you will embue wherever you sweep with sweet scents! :)
Yay for Martin, what a great guy!

deedledumpling said...

What a Wonderful Gift

for such a

Talented Witch!!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

A very unique broom for a unique "witch". How thoughtful and romantic that he was thinking of you while working. You are Blessed!!!

xoxoxo

Marylin

Apifera Farm said...

My ride above the farm Saturday night was beautiful, and my new broom perfect vehicle. I sprinkled sheep poo all over as a thank you to the land.

Anna said...

I can honestly say that I would jump up and down with joy if someone made that for me. *swoon*

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~