Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, January 04, 2010

Muddy Madness: Day 2



It's hard work being 8 weeks old. Thank you, Muddy, for reminding me how exquisite the smells of the earth are, how fun it is to feel mud and play with leaves, how raindrops and bugs are like flying toys and how each day that front door opens it's just like a scene out of Wizard of Oz.

And to my readers, be gentle with me, I have been officially diagnosed by the vet with Muddy Madness. He suspects this bout might last a week or two. He suggests deep breaths, cat naps, and petting the many other animals to stay as grounded as possible.




10 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh!
Well hello there Mr. New Puppy!
I'm delighted to meet you!
What a fabulous addition you must be to the farm!
Doogan's got the Muddy Madness going on as well!
Check out the muddy trail here on Bainbridge he delighted in hiking yesterday!
XXOOXX

Cathy said...

I love everything about him, from the floppy velvet ears to the adorable tail. Will his eyes change color?

Thistledog said...

Oh, the two of them (Huck 'n Muddy) will make many adventures as this year progresses... what a sweetheart your little boy is!

On another note, I heard a news story on the radio as I drove into work today - on a regular radio station, not NPR, mind you - about New Moon Farm; something about recycled Christmas trees turning into goat food, with a pretty good blurb about New Moon's mission of fostering old/unwanted goats. I smiled and thought of you.

Apifera Farm said...

Oh, Doogan!!
Cathy-He's looking froward to your next trip.
Thistle- YES! I missed it on NPR but am so happy for New Moon and Ellen. Our goats happily are still working on our tree!

maccandace said...

He looks so sweet looking out at his new world.

Tai said...

The Puppy Way of Wisdom ... better than Ram Dass for achieving enlightenment. Wish I could be there to see it.

Editor52 said...

Be very careful, Katherine. My mother is hitchhiking her way to Oregon to dognap Muddy and bring him back to Connecticut for a life of leisure. Be on the look out for a wily old lady!

Yummy Lavender said...

Hard work indeed - being such a yummy puppy! Lucky you...

Cori said...

OMG! He's so adorable. How could you NOT have Muddy Madness? I would. Seek no remedy, only revel in his scrumptious-ness!

Apifera Farm said...

Mac- yes, it's like that, looking, observing.

Tai: puppies and elephants...and donkeys. You get it.

Editor/EW: Paco on high orange alert.

Yummy: Perfect word.

Cori: yes, only cure is love.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~