Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, June 28, 2010

Pie Day Ponderings


Beautiful weather, perfect pie crust, pie plethora, children brushing donkeys, beautiful little girls with curls, boys with full cheeks, great grandmothers healing from broken hearts and aging bodies- it all happened with a 5 hour period at Apifera on Sunday.
I am in post pie day pondering mode, and will be posting pictures and thoughts all week. There were some pretty magical moments for me, some made me cry, but all gave me that invisible pat on my back that bringing pies, donkeys and aprons together brings people joy, and comfort. I want to give the many tender moments justice with proper posts. But here is a glimpse.



10 comments:

Emma said...

Amazing moments captured in these photos!

Sharon said...

oooooooh, been waiting to see...so fun so far...looks like a great pie day!

SBD said...

I am logging this into my book of favorite memories. Thanks.

SBD said...

I am logging this in my favorite memory book... Of all time

Thistledog said...

Wonderful, wonderful photos. This even must be so amazing, I wish I lived closer.

The great-grandmother picture twinged my heart, made me think of my mum. I was wondering, do you ask people for their permission to share them in the photos? I have no idea what the protocol is, figured you would know...

maccandace said...

What a unique and lovely celebration you put on every year. It's magical.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I am a little teary eyed myself reading your words. Katherine.. you are doing so much good by opening the doors of Apifera Farm.

Missing You and your Apifera World, so much today!

XOXO!

Kathy said...

I love the sign "Donkey Hug Area" that is so cute. Your pictures are awesome!!

Emma Meijer said...

Dear Katherine, Thank you for letting us go to the pie party. And I was so happy to meet Pino. Can you tell Pino hi for me? Thank you. From Emma. Ps. Thank you for Julliette. I was happy to meet you too.

Cat B said...

Beautiful, Katherine! Creating happiness is awesome work!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~