Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Thursday, June 03, 2010

Brief garden interlude



I stepped outside to take a few moments in the garden just now, and mingled with cats, lamb's ear and other values of green. How fortunate I am. Looking northward, the goats and donks grazed, and as I returned to my studio, my noble insiders were their to greet me with banging tails. Why can 3 minutes like this, recalled only seconds later here in words, make my eyes swell. There was such contentment, such gratitude, in that 3 minutes I just experienced...eyes brimming is just a private acknowledgment of it.



11 comments:

Sharon said...

what pretty kitties and oh the landscaping is breathtaking!

Kathy said...

Great shots of the kitties. Pretty landscapes too. So tell me, where is the sun here in Oregon?? Enough of the rain..

Debbie said...

I love your writing style!

Just said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just said...

May everyone have their own 3 minutes a day of such renewal.

Emma said...

Beautiful. :) Thank you for sharing with us!

maccandace said...

Life with animals is glorious and throw in some flora and land and you've got it made. Even here in the city, that's what makes me content...coming home to my indoor and outdoor cats, looking at the plants in my yard, being able to sit outside and survey it all is contentment for me, too. Adorable kitties!

Candylei said...

My first time here as I linked over from Illustrated Friday. We live on a small farm too and have sheep. And yes, a 300# ram locked off by himself right now. We love it here even though it is loads of work. No screeching tires, no shouting neighbors, you get the picture. Now I'm off to read some more of your adventures at home.
x, Candylei

Ima Weed said...

Oh, how wonderful it is to have four-footed blessings.

Vikki and the Kid said...

Great pix. I enjoy seeing other people's gardens and landscaping. Thank you for sharing.

Even the cats look good! (Sorry, not usually a cat person.)

Vikki at http://vikkisverandah.blogspot.com and http://write-a-bit.blogspot.com

Studio T i n s e l said...

... and my eyes are swollen yet again after reading these last few posts of yours. Swollen eyes and a huge lump in my throat. Every time. Thing is, I don't have a piece of pie to make it alright. Nevertheless, thank you for sharing. You stinker.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~