Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day of shared mud



I continued my work as a warrioress against mud tonight, until I realized there was no point to fight it anymore. Rather, I spent brief moments amongst a mud clad donkey gang, and I focused on small often unnoticed details- like the way a wet back looks covered in mud against a distant tree in a moss coat.

I sang amongst my clan, a verse of a song I love:

"Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight."
[Jerome Kern, Dorothy Fields]









2 comments:

Jody said...

The shared beauty ritual set me to snortin'!!!!! Do they roll for the same reasons that my little sparrows take a dust bath? (fleas and whatnot?!) Soooo funny! There is a pair of donkeys that live by my daughter - I'm going to go and photograph them today! Again, thanks for the inspiration!

Amber said...

Oh somebody has been scratching their back in the mud! Mom said she always heard growing up when a horse/donkey was scratching their backs and rolled completely over, that's how many hundreds of dollars their worth. Most of mine get almost over and flip back on the same side, hehe! Must not be worth much, but they are in my heart!
Hugs
Amber

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~