Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Faces refecting my gratitude



Each day she stares into me, quietly, the matriarch of the flock, waiting for me to start her day with hay and a trip to a pasture carved into a perfect understood boundary by fence.

We have routines changed only by seasons and illness and strung together those moments culminate into a life. It's those minutes, both of us serving each other, that I am most grateful for - the opportunity to live amongst creature and earth worm, and one good man. All the rest is gravy in my boat of paintings.

Thank you too, for reading - your eyes following along on this page make my story telling a circle, not a straight line.

8 comments:

Zap said...

Thank you.... and all the critters, not to mention the Dirt Farmer, at Apifera

Nikki said...

Beautiful

Cathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friend, and much love to you, Martyn and all the souls at Apifera.

Susan said...

Thanks for you and your Apifera heart! And that photo just touches my soul. What a face.

maccandace said...

Such a sweet, serious face. I love this line, "We have routines changed only by seasons and illness and strung together those moments culminate into a life."

allaboutbuck.com said...

I am grateful for the love you share through your stories of the farm. Blessings to all at Apifera!

Delisa said...

Hi Katherine! Love your post today and the wonderful photos. I always love your pictures, you have such a unique way of capturing the personality of all the animals! I hope you are having a lovely evening and a wonderful day tomorrow. Delisa :)

Patty said...

What a lovely mental image-our lives as circles touching, leaving again to circle back.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~