Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Sunday, November 27, 2011

Breakfast with the Bottomtums



In the morning as they plod out of their Bottomtum hut. They relish the muck, prefer it to the dry straw I place inside. The rain pellets stand on their necks and backs, like little natural punctuation marks, but who needs words for filler?

The neck of Priscilla, so Grace Kelly like, or was Grace Kelly like a goose. I sing to her sometimes, "Beautiful old goose, beautiful old goose, will you swoon for me, twist your neck that way you do, beautiful old goose."



1 comment:

Delisa said...

Hi Katherine! Oh what graceful and beautiful geese. They remind me of our dear Harold and Gertrude. I think I might have sent you one of their pictures a couple of years ago, with Harold walking through the blue wildflowers. Harold especially was such a character and did something to make me laugh everyday. They technically belonged to our neighbors but they spent every day in our pond and only went home to eat and sleep. Both have since passed away and I miss them so much. I would go out every evening to the pond after dinner and feed the catfish. If I wasn't out there by 6:00 p.m. Harold would come up to my studio window and tap on it with his beak until I came out! :) I just love your pictures today, they are wonderful! Have a lovely evening. Delisa :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~